Studio InformationGetting Started
Private Studio Lessons with Jane
Contact Jane to inquire about private voice lessons or vocal coaching. Students take weekly lessons for either 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
All lessons are online due to the coronavirus pandemic, using either FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom. Other technologies will be considered as they become available.
When a voice student schedules a private lesson, they are making a commitment to attend those lessons on the arranged day and time throughout that month. Lessons are taken weekly, and paid for in advance on the first lesson of the month, which guarantees your lesson slot and encourages consistent instruction.
SEPTEMBER – MAY
Nine (9) equal monthly tuition payments starting with September and due at the first lesson of each month. Payments remitted after the 10th of the month need to add a $20 late fee.
30-minute lesson: $135/month
45-minute lesson: $200/month
60-minute lesson: $270/month
Two (2) cancelled lessons during the 9-month session can be made-up for any reason. If a student starts lessons after the first make up week has ended, only one lesson can be made up.
Students are not required to make up lessons, but if they choose to, they will be done during the two make up weeks.
In the event of teacher cancellation, the student can request either a credit, a refund, or can make up the lesson if there is an available time slot.
Stopping or Suspending Lessons
If you stop or suspend lessons before the semester has ended, current or former monthly tuition cannot be refunded or credited on a pro-rated basis.
Expectations, Practicing & Supplies
- Students are expected to practice a minimum of 15 minutes a day, 5 days a week. As a student progresses, or depending on their ability, that amount of practicing will increase.
- All students will be expected to keep a binder or similar with their lessons, music, worksheets, and a personal practice record.
- All students will record their lessons, and will listen to them at least once during the week. They will need to come to their lessons with a USB flash drive, or use a smartphone or other personal recording device.
- New students will have to purchase a copy of the Vocal Fitness Training curriculum, Sing! Vocal Theory and Exercise Instructions, available at Amazon.com.
- All students are responsible for purchasing their own music. Students in training for musical theater will also create and maintain an audition or repertoire book. All students should expect to invest in and begin building a music library of songs and song collections.
When the Studio is Full
During peak seasons (fall and winter semesters), availability can become more limited, and it can cause scheduling challenges. When that happens, prospective students are put on a waiting list.